Data Privacy Notice
- Who are we?
AST Green Accountants are a mid-sized firm of accountants and tax specialists operating out of South Yorkshire and working with a nationwide portfolio of clients.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- (01302 247050)
The personal data we would like to collect and utilise is:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Name, title, address, contact details (including any previous changes), date of birth and/or age, national insurance number, tax references||You the client|
|Business Role (e.g. director, partner, shareholder, sole trader, company secretary)||You the client, publicly accessible government agencies e.g. Companies House|
|Financial Records, Book Keeping, manual records, computerized records||You the client|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes :
- Identifying you
- Communicating with you in order to carry out our day to day business by email, post and telephone
- Communicating with you by sending general service information (non marketing) communication by email
- Managing your relationship with us
- Crime and fraud prevention purposes
- Carrying out our duties as accountants
- Dealing with you in relation to enquiries or complaints made to us
- Carrying our fraud and identity checks as legally required under Money Laundering Regulations
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Our Terms and Conditions of Business for the ongoing management of your case, and products and services once opened.
- Legal Obligation; where we are required by law to collect, use, share or keep personal data we will do so. We have to comply with the laws and regulations set by government bodies and our regulators.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Any business owned or operated by our company or the principals of our company; This is where we have a valid interest in the personal data we collect, use, share and keep as long as it does not unduly affect you or cause you undue detriment, damage or distress.
You have a right to challenge our legitimate interest if you believe we do not have a valid reason to collect, use, share or hold your data. We will NEVER provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for AST Green Accountants to process types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
Sensitive financial information transmitted by email will be, where appropriate, subjected to encryption.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
AST Green Accountants will not pass on your personal data to third parties unless explicitly requested by you the client in writing. This may include information pertaining to financial applications, mortgages etc.
- Retention period
We have a records management and retention policy in place to determine how long personal data needs to be kept which is based on our legal, regulatory and business requirements. How long we keep your personal data is based on the client account status and the types of accounts, products and services associated with us. When determining retention periods we consider the following:
- Legal and regulatory guidance, case law and expected outcomes
- Maximum or minimum retention periods identified by the law or our regulators
- Ours and others contractual rights and obligations
- Your expectations
- Current or future operational requirements
- The cost of maintaining, storing, archiving, and retrieving the data
- Forensic requirements, for example the potential need to access data no longer actively used in order to manage or respond to complaints and disputes
- Our policies and standards
- The risks involved in retention, deletion and removal
- The capability or restraints of our systems and technology
Prospective Clients / Clients
- If you make an enquiry but do not continue to client status, we will keep your information for 6 months
- If you do take our service, we will hold your information for up to 7 years after the term of the relationship
- Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by AST Green Accountants (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and AST Green Accountant’s data protection representatives at email@example.com, or by telephoning 01302 247050.